Ship and yacht agency service consists representation of interests of the shipowner and rendering assistance in questions of sea navigation in a certain port or the region to it.
Vessels arrival to the port is connected with execution of different operations, such as handling, repair, questions of replenishment of stocks of provisions, etc. Therefore, the assistant who will render the centralized service of the vessel is necessary for ship administration for a solution of above-mentioned and other tasks in port. These and other functions are performed by the ship agent.
A person who represents the owner of the sea vessel, acting in its interests and from his name is the ship agent. The ship agent operates with all information on arrivel and departure of the vessel, acts from a name and at the expense of the shipowner according to the powers.
Ship agent of the company “Mortehflot” provides a whole range of services:
- Establishment of legal relations of the ship owner with third parties in the interests of the ship owner himself and at his expense;
- Regular informing of the ship’s captain and shipowner of handling operations;
- Providing information to the ship owner about the current rules, upon request, and their changes in the port, customs services;
- Assistance to the captain to establish contacts with port and local authorities;
- Representation of the interests of the shipowner in state institutions and private structures;
- Preparation of the required documentation for handling the cargo (certificates of conformity, sanitary control, phytosertificates, etc.);
- Chartering fees for a vessel or yacht;
- Fulfillment of other obligations of the ship’s agent,
- Tracking of cargoes on the way;
- Monitoring of safety during handling operations;
- Documentation of goods received and shipped;
- Receipt of the captain’s request or instructions from the shipowner;
- Placing an order with a shipchandler;
- Control of delivery;
- Financial calculations.