Shipping agency service consists of representation interests of the shipowner and rendering assistance in questions of sea traffic in a certain port or the region to it.
The most important element of ship agent activity is establishment of the legal relations of the shipowner with the third parties in interests of the shipowner and at his expense.
Shipping agency is the centralized service and full information processing on vessels. All information, claims and calculations are perfromed only through the ship agent.
One type of the activities of “Mortehflot” company is shipping agency service.
Duties of the ship agent:
– performance of various formalities on arrival of a vessel to port (disbursment calculation, the organization of pilot conducting and demanded watercrafts, coordination with border, customs and port services, etc.);
– regular informing of the captain of a vessel and the shipowner on conducting loading and unloading operations;
– granting on request information to the shipowner about existing rules and their changes in port, customs services;
– assistance to the captain for adjustment of contacts with port and local authorities;
– representation of interests of the shipowner in state institutions and private structures;
– preparation of demanded documentation for freight registration (certificates of conformity, sanitary control, phytocertificates, etc.);
– implementation of collecting for vessel chartering;
– implementation of other obligations by shipping agent.